Welcome to our school
We are a busy but friendly school, with lots going on. This website aims to give you a taster of the school, as well as providing regular updated information for both parents and pupils. On our various pages you will find much information about us.
However, the website is no substitute for meeting us at the school and seeing the children at work and play. No description can capture the special feel and atmosphere of Halstead Community Primary School and no picture can do justice to the beauty of the school grounds.
If you are looking for a school for your child where academic and behavioural standards are high, where there are extensive intellectual, spiritual, sporting, cultural and creative opportunities and where children are really happy, then come to see us.
We welcome pupils from our own on-site outstanding nursery and other schools. The emphasis at this stage is still on the core curriculum, but pupils also benefit from specialist teaching. Throughout their time at Halstead Community Primary School all pupils enjoy the well-rounded curriculum and extensive range of extra-curricular activities on offer.
At Halstead Community Primary School, we aim to develop every child intellectually, creatively, socially, emotionally, morally and physically by:
- Providing a safe, happy and stimulating environment in which quality learning can take place.
- Expecting the highest standards of achievement, appropriate to each child’s abilities and behaviour through positive praise and encouragement.
- Promoting an active partnership between pupils, all staff, parents, governors and the wider community
- Teaching a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum which extends the children’s interests
- Providing opportunities for imaginative and creative expression.
- Promoting active participation in sport to encourage team spirit, good sportsmanship, exercise and healthy living
- Providing opportunities for appreciation of the world around us.
We do hope you enjoy browsing through some of these web pages and look forward to meeting you should you decide to visit our fantastic school.
For prospective parents please see our school prospectus for more information.
Please feel free to contact the school directly with any queries you may have or if you require paper copies of anything on the website.
Thank you for visiting!