Here is the summary from Ofsted’s most recent visit:
- Pupils are very positive about their school.
- Pupils understand that it is important to treat one another with respect.
- Leaders help pupils to develop into enthusiastic learners.
- Teachers adapt the curriculum well for pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND). Well-trained staff support these pupils
- The SEND leader oversees class support effectively, ensuring that pupils with SEND can experience success across the curriculum.
- Children do well in the early years. Leaders have established a carefully planned early years curriculum.
- Pupils are well behaved around the school.
- Leaders prioritise pupils’ personal development well.
- Leaders make sure that pupils are kept safe and are well cared for.
- Pupils trust staff and are comfortable to raise a concern with them.
- Leaders make sure that all staff receive regular training.
For More information please see the full Ofsted report.
For the latest information on COVID-19, including the situation in the UK and information about the virus and its symptoms, please refer to the latest Government guidance here.
Protect yourself and others
As with any virus, such as the common cold or flu, the best way to protect yourself and those around you is to practice good hygiene.
Make sure that you:
- carry tissues and use them to catch coughs and sneezes, and bin the tissue OR sneeze/cough into your elbow
- wash hands more often, for 20 seconds, with soap and water, or use sanitiser, to kill germs
The school is following all the advice provided by Public Health England and will continue to do so. We receive daily updates and will advise parents of any additional advice and guidance that is provided via the school website, newsletter or text where appropriate.
There is a good video in the following link that you can also use at home
OPEN AFTERNOON for prospective Reception parents: 16th November at 1.30pm
Class Expectation Meetings 28th September 2021
Parents Evening 4th October 2021 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Parents Evening 5th October 2021 6pm – 8pm
Into Film Cinema Trip 23rd November
The recycled greenhouse was completed and put to good use in the summer term.
We hope that everyone who has bought the produce grown at school from Hancocks has enjoyed it.
Leslie Hawkins – Headteacher
Welcome to our school
We are a busy but friendly school, with lots going on. This website aims to give you a taster of the school, as well as providing regular updated information for both parents and pupils. On our various pages you will find much information about us.
However, the website is no substitute for meeting us at the school and seeing the children at work and play. No description can capture the special feel and atmosphere of Halstead Community Primary School and no picture can do justice to the beauty of the school grounds.
If you are looking for a school for your child where academic and behavioural standards are high, where there are extensive intellectual, spiritual, sporting, cultural and creative opportunities and where children are really happy, then come to see us.
We welcome pupils from our own on-site outstanding nursery and other schools. The emphasis at this stage is still on the core curriculum, but pupils also benefit from specialist teaching. Throughout their time at Halstead Community Primary School all pupils enjoy the well-rounded curriculum and extensive range of extra-curricular activities on offer.
At Halstead Community Primary School, we aim to develop every child intellectually, creatively, socially, emotionally, morally and physically by:
- Providing a safe, happy and stimulating environment in which quality learning can take place.
- Expecting the highest standards of achievement, appropriate to each child’s abilities and behaviour through positive praise and encouragement.
- Promoting an active partnership between pupils, all staff, parents, governors and the wider community
- Teaching a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum which extends the children’s interests
- Providing opportunities for imaginative and creative expression.
- Promoting active participation in sport to encourage team spirit, good sportsmanship, exercise and healthy living
- Providing opportunities for appreciation of the world around us.
We do hope you enjoy browsing through some of these web pages and look forward to meeting you should you decide to visit our fantastic school.
For prospective parents please see our school prospectus for more information.
Please feel free to contact the school directly with any queries you may have or if you require paper copies of anything on the website.
Thank you for visiting!
We are a thriving, inclusive school that is respected by, and contributes to, the local and wider community. We will provide an environment that is safe, fun, and fit for purpose in the 21st century, where our children will learn respect for themselves and others. We will have high expectations of all our children and, through a broad and creative curriculum, will maximise each individual’s potential so they can leave our school as confident, successful learners ready for the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead of them.
Click the link above to view our calendar events.